How to make an Owl with Cupcakes
1. You need 14 cupcakes, place them like this...
2. Put icing on the middle cupcakes, smooth them over with a knife.
3. Add extra icing on the 3 centre cupcakes (see in the picture)
4. Smooth the icing to cover the middle 3 cupcakes.
5. Sprinkle shredded coconut over the 3 centre cupcakes.
6. Next you need to spread icing over the top 2 cupcakes and the bottom 2 cupcakes.
7. Carefully sprinkle shredded coconut around the outside of the top 2 cupcakes
8. This is what it should look like right now...
9. Cut an Oreo biscuit in half (cut through to cream centre so you have 2 havles). Place them on the top 2 cupcakes. If you carefully cut the cream centre away from the biscuits you can use them for the eyes.
10. Now if you cut the orea biscuits in half carefully, you should be able to place the cream centres on top of the biscuits. I used icing to glue them down.
11. Glue down brown m&m's (as in the picture) with some icing.
12. Cut 2 wagon wheels down through the centre (same way you had to cut the oreos) and place them on the outside cupcakes.
13. Cut in half 3 Choc Monty biscuits and place on top of the wagon wheels (as you can see in the picture). Also cut an oreo in half and place as the eyebrows.
14. Place some white icing in the gap where the owls beak will go. I found there was a gap between the cupcakes there and it needed to be covered so the m&m would stay. Pipe icing over the oreos you placed for eyebrows.
15. Sprinkle some shredded coconut over the white icing.
16. Place an orange m&m for the beak.
17. Place 4 m&m's for the claws on the feet.
18. Place the pretzels at the feet.
19. You should have a really cute owl that looks like this...
I'll be back through the week to show off some more of our cupcakes......Oh, and did I mention...I also made matching cupcakes!
I'll post the tutorial for these tomorrow:)
Linking up at: